Thursday, October 6, 2011

A TIME FOR CARTWHEELS ???

     I just had a conversation with a writer in my critique group regarding our reactions when we received contracts for our debut novels. Apparently, we had under-reacted.

     Culled from her conversations with yet other published writers, we were supposed to do cartwheels, jump up and down or scream--all de rigueur for the newly initiated.

     While cartwheels may be suitable for writers under the age of 30, for us "seniors," even jumping up and down may be a bit too much on the physical side. That leaves screaming as our last option.

     My initial reaction, a scream, was more the type you see in cartoons, "EEEK!" Then I lapsed into the surreal realization  this had really happened to me.--sans cartwheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment