Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Medieval: A Word That Shouldn't Leave a Bad Taste in Your Mouth.


Ever notice how some words make you cringe.  The mere mention of them raises goosebumps.

My skin used to crawl whenever the word Medieval surfaced. I always associated it with really bad things...evil things...and evil people. i.e the Plague, King Henry VIII etc. That has changed.

Ever since I became acquainted with the local canton (Lynchburg, VA.)  of the S.C.A,  I see medievalism in a new light.

Instead  of cringing, now I appreciate the time period, and enjoy being part of a group devoted to preserving the institutions, arts and practices of the Middle Ages.

I've been hooked and enlightened. Thank you Black Diamond Barony.

Next step...selecting my persona name. Now tht is something that really gives me the chills.

No comments:

Post a Comment