Sunday, October 14, 2012

SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS ARE PILING UP


When I first began writing, I dreamed about the days I'd be invited to writers' conferences and events.
Well, my dreams are coming true.

I've just been invited to speak at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va.. Their creative writing club has asked me to do a program on writing and getting published. What an honor!

The topics I will try to cover are: How to keep your manuscript out of the reject pile.
                                                      Queries vs. "Pitches" to agents/the value of conferences.
                                                       How to enter writing contests...and win!
Also, the Lynchburg Parks & Recreation Dept. has asked me to do a seminar on writing novels, short short stories and memoirs.

Later this month, I will be a panelist (surely this must be a dream!) at the Rustburg Library's "Writers' Circle."  Format is interactive (Q & A) with opening remarks from panelists. Can't wait!

Happily, each event will allow me to sell my contemporary romance novel, Marcel's Gift, and my eBook, Hurry Up Charlie.

Dreams do come true.



No comments:

Post a Comment